Qualifications & Experience.
My background experience includes counselling predominantly for “Not for profit’ agencies including; Relationships Australia, Senior Counsellor with Women’s Health for women and families, Cyrenian House as a drug and alcohol counsellor, Outcare with men transitioning from prison, and Centacare and ORS in employment and training and for the Personal Support Program; Counselling those with ‘multiple barriers to employment’ these have all informed and enriched my private practice.
This has offered me a diverse set of skills and knowledge, with clients presenting with multi-dimensional issues – individual and relationship issues, family counselling, addictions and substance abuse, anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, post traumatic stress, sexual abuse, ADHD and mental health issues.
My counselling style is generally more holistic, supporting those dealing with associated barriers such as advocacy, social isolation, difficulty in communication, general life skills, phobias and anger management.
Additional skills include running psycho-educational groups, Supervising counsellors and student counsellors, and a past lecturer in Behavioural Science for three years for the Australian Institute of Holistic Medicine.
- Master of Counselling. Level 4, Australian Counselling Association
- Certificate of Attainment in Professional Supervision
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science, Human Service
- Family Therapy Training (1 year / 200 hours) William /Street Family Therapy
- Senior First Aid
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Group Facilitator Certificate; Relationships Australia (WA)
- Prepare and Enrich program for coupes